Thank you for visiting 12 Paws and Palms! I appreciate you and hope you have been inspired or informed by what you have found. I strive to produce quality content based on personal experience, and write with honesty and integrity.
It is my goal to provide useful and accurate information, personal recommendations and inspiring stories. I only share and support what I believe in and stand behind. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
12 Paws and Palms is published, owned and edited by Paula Bortolussi. It may be referred to below as “the site”.
- The materials contained on 12 Paws and Palms are provided “as is” for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice. The information on this site is not a substitute for qualified, professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider. Never disregard professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. The information shall not be relied upon as such and 12 Paws and Palms makes no warranties, express or implied, about the content on this site. 12 Paws and Palms does not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
- Visitors who use this site and rely on any information do so at their own risk. The material displayed on 12 Paws and Palms is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: (a) loss of revenue or income; (b) loss of business; (c) loss of anticipated savings; (d) loss of data; (e) loss of goodwill. Any of the material on the website may be out of date at any given time, and 12 Paws and Palms is under no obligation to update such material, but will use reasonable efforts to ensure that information is updated, accurate and relevant.
- Paula Bortolussi is the owner of all intellectual property and materials published rights throughout the site unless otherwise attributed. My works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. My images on this site may not be reproduced, modified, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of Paula Bortolussi.
- Some images on the site other than my own are obtained from and attributed to artists on Unsplash. Their license grants an irrevocable, nonexclusive, worldwide copyright license to download, copy, modify, distribute, perform, and use photos from Unsplash for free, including for commercial purposes, without permission from or attributing the photographer or Unsplash.
- 12 Paws and Palms will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by virus attack to the site or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
“Personal Information” for the purposes of privacy law is information about an identifiable individual such as their name, address, telephone number and email address. Personal Information does not include aggregated information that is anonymous, such as the type of browser you are using, or other non-personally identifiable information.
12 Paws and Palms requires your consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions in law.
What information is collected?
Information You Voluntarily Submit
We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. If you are one of our business partners, we may also obtain Personal Information about you from other sources, e.g., from your business partners or other individuals within your company, or third party representatives or government agencies.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations.
We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the website. For example, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the website such as links clicked. In addition, we may also collect search queries that are typed into the site’s search engine and retain them in anonymous form. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
How is it used?
12 Paws and Palms may use your Personal Information to send you our monthly newsletters, to conduct or administer contests or other promotions in which you have participated, to respond to inquiries that you make through the website, to receive feedback and make improvements to the website, to track and measure advertising on the website, to maintain a database of client information and to protect, investigate, and deter against the unauthorized or illegal activity.
In accordance with applicable anti-spam laws, we will only use your Personal Information for marketing purposes with your prior consent. If you subscribed to one of the site’s newsletters and no longer wish to receive it, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in our emails. If you have any questions or concerns about your unsubscribe request, you may contact us via the Contact Page.
12 Paws and Palms will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
Publicly Visible Information
If you leave a comment on a post on the site, certain information may be publicly visible. To create a comment, you must enter a name and your email address. Your email address will never be available publicly. An avatar is an image that follows you from weblog to weblog appearing beside your name when you comment on avatar enabled sites, and it may be visible with your comment.
In addition, please note that your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected, and in other countries including Canada and/or the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than other countries.
Third Party Services
Additionally, the website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the site. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time at the sole discretion of 12 Paws and Palms.
How is data protected?
The site has a number of policies and procedures in place to protect your Personal Information, including administrative procedures such as contractual obligations by our third parties who may manage your Personal Information, and technological safeguards including secured servers, and firewalls. Only individuals who are involved in the administration of our operations have access to your Personal Information and they have been provided with the requisite training on our Privacy Policies.
Despite our best efforts, internet or wireless transmissions are never completely private or secure. In that respect, you hereby acknowledge and accept the potential risk of inadvertent disclosure due to any such disclosure beyond our reasonable control. In addition, please note some of our service providers may be located in countries where authorized government officials may lawfully be able to access your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent pursuant to the laws of such countries.
Privacy of Minors
12 Paws and Palms recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The site is not intended for children under the age of majority in their province or territory of residence and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that Personal Information has been provided by a minor, please contact us using the Contact Form or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions or Corrections
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at any time at email@example.com
Rights Related to your Personal Information
Opt-out: You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us using the Contact Page to be removed from our mailing list.
Access or Amend: You may access or amend the personal information we have about you by submitting a request any time via our Contact Page or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delete: In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
12 Paws and Palms is owned and operated by Paula Bortolussi. If you have any concerns about material that appears on this site please contact me via the Contact Page.
Last updated: October 11, 2020